Deerfield employees are hardworking, reliable, and have an exceptional attention to detail, no matter what division they’re working in. If you think you fit the bill, take a look at the open positions we have available now.
As we continue to grow, we will be adding open positions on this page as needed. Be sure to check back often if you don’t see what you’re looking for, and follow us on Facebook , as we will occasionally announce new openings there.
Current Job Listings
Responsible for proper loading, unloading, conditioning, blending and storage of grain.
Job Type: Full-time
Years of Experience: 0
Starting Date: ASAP
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Job Purpose: This position is expected to perform all operations tasks involving the receiving, storing, and shipping of grain.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position:
- Perform all tasks involved with inbound grain receiving. Duties include efficient operation of the truck and wagon dump(s), proper routing of grain from the dumps to the assigned bin, traffic control.
- Perform all tasks involved with inbound and outbound grain shipping and handling.
- Efficiently operate all facility equipment, such as grain dryers, cleaners, conveyors, receiving legs, and aeration fans.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks with minimal supervision
- Engage in facility clean-up, and comply with all housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards.
- Engage in safety awareness, and comply with all safety policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Engage in teamwork and a positive image of the cooperative, while being responsive to the needs of our customers.
- Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Assist as needed in other area during the peak seasons, or anytime there is a need in other departments that may not be related to the grain handling.
Experience and Skills:
The following qualifications and requirements reflect the ideal candidate.
- Previous experience in a grain elevator or farm setting is beneficial, but not required
- Demonstrated attitude which reflects pride in job, and spirit of cooperation with the team.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Ability to work at heights, work within confined spaces, climb stair and ladders, and function in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and nights, as business conditions warrant.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see color, see at a distance and tiny objects at close range.
- Selected candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including a good driving record.
- Depends on job type, but generally day shift, some Saturdays and Sunday required Sept-Dec. Work beyond scheduled hours required during peak season.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
KEEP UP TO DATE ON NEW LISTINGS