Deerfield employees are hardworking, reliable, and have an exceptional attention to detail, no matter what division they’re working in. If you think you fit the bill, take a look at the open positions we have available now.
As we continue to grow, we will be adding open positions on this page as needed. Be sure to check back often if you don’t see what you’re looking for, and follow us on Facebook , as we will occasionally announce new openings there.
Current Job Listings
The purpose of the position is to safely apply products to a wide range of crops and sites while safely operating and maintaining company equipment.
Job Location: Deerfield
Job Type: Full-time
Years of Experience: 1-3, Tractor experience or heavy equipment
Starting Date: ASAP
Reports to: Agronomy or Facility Manager
Job Purpose: The purpose of the position is to safely apply products to a wide range of crops and sites while safely operating and maintaining company equipment. This includes building and maintaining customer relations through expert application of Crop Protection and fertilizer products and providing feedback to customers, location managers of weeds, insects or fertility problems that they note during application.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position:
- Load, handle and apply dry and liquid fertilizer, lime, and crop protection products.
- Understand and safely operate the application equipment assigned.
- Utilize the information supplied and the technology in the application equipment to ensure that the right products at the right rates are applied and billed to the right fields and customers.
- Assist in the mixing, loading, unloading and transporting of Crop Protection and fertilizer products.
- Consistently follows all laws, regulations, safety rules (including PPE) in handling and applying products and storing chemicals.
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment and facility.
- Maintain positive communication with the manager and customer as needed.
- Assist with scouting, product transportation and various services for producers.
- Properly complete necessary paperwork and records.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Assist as needed in other area during the peak seasons, or anytime there is a need in other departments that may not be related to application.
Experience and Skills:
The following qualifications and requirements reflect the ideal candidate.
- Class A or B CDL a plus or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Applicators license a plus or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Operate various types of application equipment and mechanically inclined.
- Be familiar with crop protection products, farming practices, crop characteristics, and weed identifications.
- Have an understanding of safe working conditions and operations of vehicles.
- Be willing and able to work extended hours six or seven days a week during busy seasons
- Be willing and able to work well with others, to take and give constructive criticism, and to lend a helping hand.
- Must continue to grow and learn through meetings, training, industry publications, and others.
- Possess the willingness to adapt to changing application technologies as well as seasonal variations in workload responsibilities.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Accurately locate application site, use GPS system and read field maps.
- Excellent driving record
- Selected candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including a good driving record.
- Depends on job type, but generally day shift, some Saturdays and Sunday required April-July. Work beyond scheduled hours required during peak season.
Oversee the operations of the Warehouse including shipping & receiving of fertilizer and crop protection products.
Maintain a neat & organized warehouse, making best use of space and ensuring the most effective flow. Below is a brief list of responsibilities. For a complete job description, contact Human Resources.
• Perform physical count of inventory
• Load & unload trucks
• Coordinate Tender truck deliveries.
• Maintain inventory levels & re-order quantities.
• Provide customer service & over-the-counter sales
Experience and Skills:
• PC skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
•Customer service oriented & detail minded
• Arithmetic – ability to add & subtract in head
• Tow motor operation
• Generally day shift, Some Saturdays & Sundays required in Spring & Fall season.
Responsible for proper loading, unloading, conditioning, blending and storage of grain.
Maintenance / Grain Handler
Location: Deerfield, OH
Our team of Grain Handlers load and unload grain, as well as, operate conveyors, grain dryers and augers.
Must be 18 years or older.
Job Purpose: Proper handling, loading, unloading, conditioning, blending and storage of inbound and outbound grain. Maintaining all equipment and working with customers on placing target orders.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Loading & Unloading Trucks
-Weighing, sampling and accurately grade incoming & outgoing loads
-Directing trucks to the appropriate bin for dumping/loading. Entering information into computer following all related SOPs
-Maintain communication with truck drivers and grain-scale ticket operators
-Maintain physical condition of grain
-Operate grain dryer as needed
-Maintain communication with office personnel
General Maintenance and Repair of Grain Facility:
-Perform maintenance and repair all equipment and assist with repair and new projects
-Perform regular clean-up of pits, bins, facility grounds, sweeping and weed control/assist with rodent control
-Perform preventative maintenance on a weekly, monthly and annual schedule
-Assist with the completion of inventory and spot checks
-Help the lead grain handler/grain operations manager as needed or upon request
-Operate sweep auger to completely empty grain bin
-Perform the bin checklist annually or each time the bin is emptied
-Provide assistance to other departments as needed or assigned
-Provide great customer service to customers
Experience and Skills:
-Basic computer skills
-Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
-Good verbal communication skills
-Customer service oriented, self-motivated
-Calm personality that works well under pressure
-Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
-Vision requirements: ability to see at close and distant ranges and to see color
-Good sense of smell to identify moldy or sour grain
-Working knowledge of bin capacities and facility layout
-Understanding of hand/power tools; basic understanding of electrical components
-General Knowledge of corn, soybeans and wheat production
Hours: Depends on job type, but generally day shift, some evenings, Saturdays and Sunday required in July and September-December. Work beyond scheduled hours is required during peak season.
Job Type: Full-time
Drive semi-truck with trailer, flat bed with tanks, bulk tender dry fertilizer to transport grain, seed, chemicals, equipment, or other materials to specified destinations, while providing great customer service to our customers.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
KEEP UP TO DATE ON NEW LISTINGS