Deerfield employees are hardworking, reliable, and have an exceptional attention to detail, no matter what division they’re working in. If you think you fit the bill, take a look at the open positions we have available now.
As we continue to grow, we will be adding open positions on this page as needed. Be sure to check back often if you don’t see what you’re looking for, and follow us on Facebook , as we will occasionally announce new openings there.
Current Job Listings
Assembly and installation of grain handling and storage equipment.
Our Internship program is designed to provide a positive learning environment to students pursuing a career in the agricultural industry.
• Use hand and power tools to assemble, install and repair grain, feed handling and storage equipment.
• Weld, cut & fabricate.
• Travel to and from customer location
• Assist in loading & unloading trailer
Assist Agronomy Crop Consultants with crop scouting, soil & tissue sampling as well as other duties aimed at providing hands-on real world working experience.
• Learn features and benefits of agronomy products & services
• Assist with over-the-counter sales
• Assist with product delivery to customer
• Assist with inventory management procedures.
Oversee the operations of the Warehouse including shipping & receiving of fertilizer and crop protection products.
Maintain a neat & organized warehouse, making best use of space and ensuring the most effective flow. Below is a brief list of responsibilities. For a complete job description, contact Human Resources.
• Perform physical count of inventory
• Load & unload trucks
• Coordinate Tender truck deliveries.
• Maintain inventory levels & re-order quantities.
• Provide customer service & over-the-counter sales
Experience and Skills:
• PC skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
•Customer service oriented & detail minded
• Arithmetic – ability to add & subtract in head
• Tow motor operation
• Generally day shift, Some Saturdays & Sundays required in Spring & Fall season.
Drive semi-truck with trailer, flat bed with tanks, bulk tender dry fertilizer to transport grain, seed, chemicals, equipment, or other materials to specified destinations, while providing great customer service to our customers.
Job Location: Deerfield and Kinsman, Ohio
Years of Experience: 0-3
Starting Date: ASAP
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Job Purpose: The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position:
• Transport, maneuver, load, unload and deliver grain and products to customers
• Prepare and maintain records in accordance with regulations and company procedures.
• Operate truck in accordance to established safety procedures.
• Applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations to transport and deliver products.
• Inspect truck before and after trip and notify shop mechanic of necessary repairs.
• Fasten chain or binders to secure load on trailer when needed.
• Load and unload truck, or assist with as necessary.
• Perform light maintenance, including oil, fuel and radiator fluid service.
• Maintain communication with and receive direction from Logistics Manager.
• Maintain appropriate log, ELD and inspection records, as required by DOT.
• Complete paperwork for internal purposes.
• Keep truck clean, inside and out.
• Assist at the facility as needed in other area during the peak seasons, or anytime there is a need in other departments that may not be related to driving.
• Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Experience and Skills:
The following qualifications and requirements reflect the ideal candidate.
• Class A or B CDL, depending on application, with acceptable driving history.
• Tanker endorsement mandatory
• Must pass internal driving test/road test as mandated by the DOT
• Territory and agriculture knowledge is a plus.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Bending and climbing in and out of the truck.
• Selected candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including a good driving record.
• Depends on job type