Join our Team! We are a full-service agri-business with one agronomy and four grain locations throughout Northeastern Ohio. Since 1959 we have offered products and services to area farmers. In addition to our retail business, we have a farming operation, raising corn, soybeans, and wheat. This allows us to try and test new technologies on our farm before promoting to our customer base.
We offer competitive salary & excellent benefits – Company Vehicle, Incentive/bonus plan, 401k, Paid Life/AD&D insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, Paid Holidays, Personal and Vacation time.
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for building customer relationships, solve customer challenges and helping the customer to be profitable; therefore, leading to company profitability.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Agronomic Sales and Consulting
- Promote & coordinate sales of fertilizer, crop nutrition products, crop protection products, seed, seed traits, and seed treatments to maximize yield.
- Scout fields for weeds, insects, and disease
- Make fertilizer, chemical, and seed recommendations
- Interpret soil test results and provide recommendations
- Create variable rate maps, maintain field histories through use of Agrian software
- Conduct producer meetings and educational sessions
- Develop and execute strategic sales plan
- Resolve Customer Complaints
- Grow existing customer business and prospect new customers
- Utilize CRM (contact manager/database) to maintain sales notes and customer information
- Assist with product selection, positioning and pricing
- Provide superior customer service both before and after the sale.
- Develop crop plans and ideas that are cutting edge and effective.
- Collaborate with our Grain Division in providing both grain marketing and crop consulting services to our producers.
- Develop training schedule, plan & curriculum to educate staff, and customers.
- Day to day training and instruction with staff on weed ID, products, agronomic principles.
- Assist other departments within the company as necessary.
Skills & Abilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Sales skills
- At least 5 years of experience in Agriculture
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Persuasion and active listening skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) preferred
- Knowledge of weed and pest identification
- Understanding of the local geography and soil types/fertility
- Agronomy apps and related software
- Field mapping technology
- Ability to read and understand product guides
- Understanding of crop production
- Minimum of an agricultural-related Associates Degree
Off-Season: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Saturdays as necessary. Extended hours necessary during peak season and as conditions permit.